I love how the Japanese use this Simple Principle - "Eat until you're 80% full."
It's one of those health rules that has survived for generations. And for good reason.
But your stomach doesn't always know the difference between nutrition and just
more food. There are people who proudly tell, "I don't overeat. I stop when
I'm full." My next question is always "Full of what?"
Imagine two people who both weigh 100 kg. One has 25% body fat. The other has
40% body fat. Same weight. Very different metabolism. If both keep filling up on ultra-processed, nutrient-poor foods, their bodies
aren't celebrating because they're "80% full." They're simply storing more energy they don't need.
Your body isn't counting bites. It's reading nutrients. Every meal sends your body a message - "Build muscle." Or -"Store fat." That's why I don't want you to chase fullness. I want you to chase nutrition.
Fill your plate with fiber, natural proteins, vegetables, pulses, beans, and
whole grains. Then let fullness happen naturally. So yes, I love the Japanese principle. I'd just make one small change - Don't eat until you're 80% full. Eat nutritious food until you're 80% full. Your muscles will thank you.
Your fat cells - not so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment