Recently, I was stuck in traffic with a missed turn, and my maps app simply recalculated without judgment. No blame. Just a quiet, "Recalculating the distance."
I realized this 5 seconds interaction holds one of the most profound lessons I have learned in life. Our careers and personal lives work exactly the same way. Yet we treat them differently. We treat missed turns as failures. We internalize detours as setbacks.
Missing turns taught me three things that changed how I navigate uncertainty:
2. No judgment, just adaptation: The algorithm doesn't store your mistake. One wrong turn does not define your journey. The people who bounce back fast will reach their goal.
3. The destination remains unchanged: Your goal hasn't moved, only the route adapted. Too often we abandon our destination because one path got blocked.
The most resilient people hold their north star steady while staying fluid about how they get there. If you are navigating a detour right now, you're exactly where you need to be to take the next step.
The route is recalculating. You are still heading in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment