For Obesity, eating less may be easier than exercising more. If you have obesity, you may have already tried almost every diet -Keto, High-protein, Low-carb, Intermittent fasting and yet, the weight keeps coming back.
One thing we need to recognize is this: Creating the same energy deficit
through exercise can be much harder than doing so through food. When someone is carrying excess weight, movement itself can become
uncomfortable. Exercise can feel harder and more physically demanding.
That is why I believe we need to look beyond simply saying, “Exercise more." Exercise is important but nutrition often plays a much bigger role in
creating the energy deficit needed for weight loss.
And for some people, a medically supervised prolonged fast can be one tool
within a broader weight-management strategy. I have seen thousands of people experience something interesting during a
supervised fast
- They stop thinking about food all the time.
- They are not constantly planning their next meal.
- They begin to experience what it means for the body to shift toward using stored energy.
But the real question isn't simply “Can I fast?” It is “Is fasting appropriate for me, and how do I support my body safely
during it?” Those are questions worth understanding before using fasting as a
weight-management tool. Because sustainable weight loss isn't about finding another diet.
It is about understanding obesity, understanding how your body responds, and
using the right tool at the right time.
No comments:
Post a Comment