Your Everyday Meals can include More Protein. When I talk about protein, I like to begin with foods people already recognise and can include regularly. Eggs, Sattu(Flour made out of dry roasted ground pulses and cereals), Kabuli chana(Chick peas), dal, curd and almonds are six options worth looking at.
You don’t have to include all six in every meal. Start by looking at what you
already eat and where one of these foods could fit.
- Eggs can be a simple option if you eat them. Boiled eggs are an easy preparation.
- Sattu, Kabuli chana and dal can contribute protein, but they also bring carbohydrates. Consider the whole meal, including how much rice or roti you serve alongside them.
- Curd can be included with a meal, while almonds can fit in smaller quantities.
The part I want you to pay attention to is the portion. Adding a protein source doesn’t mean the rest of the plate becomes irrelevant.
The quantity you eat and what you pair it with both matter. These six foods also don’t automatically add up to 60 grams of protein. That
depends on the portions and preparation.
I’ve put them together below so you can look at your everyday meals and
identify a practical place to start.
No comments:
Post a Comment