Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Eating well

Eating well shouldn’t feel this confusing. What should I eat when I’m hungry?

And what if it’s mealtime, but I’m not hungry? I understand the confusion. After hearing so many rules about what to eat, avoid and restrict, even a simple lunch can feel like a difficult decision.

Here’s where I start. Your body needs nourishment every day. The portions you need can vary with your activity, health and routine. A day at your desk may look different from a day of strenuous exercise. But your body still needs nourishment on both days.

When you’re hungry, think about what would make a satisfying meal.
  • A source of protein.
  • Vegetables or fruit.
  • Fiber-rich foods.
  • Portions that suit your needs.
And if you regularly reach mealtimes without feeling hungry, look at the pattern. What did you eat earlier? Were you snacking between meals? Has your appetite changed?

That gives us more to work with than a blanket rule to eat or skip a meal. I want people to feel comfortable noticing hunger and fullness, without turning every meal into a calculation. And please remember: you don’t have to earn your food through exercise.

Start with a few balanced meals that fit your day. A familiar routine can make everyday food decisions easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
People call me aggressive, people think I am intimidating, People say that I am a hard nut to crack. But I guess people young or old do like hard nuts -- Isnt It? :-)