Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Weight Management in Ladies

Ladies, weight management is also a skill. And skills take practice. Buying new walking shoes is an excellent beginning, but unfortunately, the shoes cannot do the walking.

Three things to start with
  1. Fasting
  2. Training
  3. Feasting
The ambition isn’t to look exactly as you did at 25. Your body has lived through a few chapters since then. Let’s work towards strength, health and habits that suit your life today.

1. Understand fasting before attempting it.
Upvaas deserves more thought than deciding how many hours you can tolerate hunger.
Whether fasting suits you depends on your health, medicines and nutritional needs. It is optional, and longer does not automatically mean better.

Please don’t attempt a 9–10-day fast on your own. Prolonged fasting needs medical assessment and supervision, especially if you take insulin or diabetes medicines.

2. Learn to train with curiosity.
Walk complete. Attendance marked. Kal phir milenge.

Consistency matters. But gradually ask a little more of yourself.
  1. Can I walk the same distance with less effort?
  2. Can I lift with better technique?
  3. Has my balance improved?
Whether you enjoy walking, yoga, cycling or the gym, notice what your body is learning. There is considerable satisfaction in discovering that something difficult last month feels manageable today. Give yourself the chance to enjoy that.

3. Learn to feast with awareness.
Celebrations will happen. Favourite foods will remain favourite foods. And some evenings, your mood will nominate the kitchen as its grievance department. Pause and notice what you need. Hunger? Comfort? Rest?

Enjoy your food, pay attention to portions and give fullness a chance to register. You don’t have to earn dinner through exercise or compensate for it by fasting tomorrow. My father used to say that digging ten shallow holes won’t get you water. You have to stay in one place and dig deeper. I think of that whenever someone abandons a routine before they have had time to learn it. Spend the coming year getting better at caring for your body. There is more to learn than how to make the weighing scale cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
People call me aggressive, people think I am intimidating, People say that I am a hard nut to crack. But I guess people young or old do like hard nuts -- Isnt It? :-)