Monday, October 5, 2026

Collagen - is everything?

Can collagen alone keep you looking younger? At 54, I would certainly appreciate the convenience. But our bodies need a little more cooperation than a daily scoop.

Collagen supports your skin, bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage. As we age, its production declines and its quality changes. While supplements may have a role, the evidence is still evolving. I would also pay attention to these five S’s

1. Sugar control: Persistently high blood sugar accelerates glycation, a process that can make collagen stiffer and less flexible.

2. Sun protection: Protect your skin with shade, suitable clothing and broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher.

3. Sleep: Give yourself adequate, consistent rest. An expensive skincare routine deserves better than chronically insufficient sleep.

4. Strength training: Work on preserving the muscle and strength that help you stay active as you age.

5. Stretchability: Include regular, gentle stretching to maintain flexibility and comfortable movement.

These habits support different aspects of healthy ageing. A collagen supplement cannot take responsibility for all of them. As I move towards 55 and eventually 60, I want to keep looking after how I feel, move and look. Some people tell me I look 45. Naturally, I have no objection to this assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
People call me aggressive, people think I am intimidating, People say that I am a hard nut to crack. But I guess people young or old do like hard nuts -- Isnt It? :-)