Monday, August 17, 2026

Exercise Regimen - Balanced take

If you only do One form of Exercise, Keep Reading. One of the biggest mistakes I see people make is this - They find one form of exercise they enjoy and they stay there. It could be yoga every morning, a daily walk, only strength training, or Zumba a few times a week.

The body loves movement. But it also loves variety. If you've hit a plateau, don't ask, "Should I exercise more?" question should be, "Am I challenging my body in different ways?"

Here's a simple framework that's recommended world over

1. Frequency (Almost every day): Choose movements that are easy to sustain. A 30-minute walk, Yoga, Mobility work. These keep your body active without draining you.

2. Intensity (1–2 times a week): Lift weights, Climb stairs, Do intervals. Push your muscles enough to feel the burn. This is where you build muscle, improve bone density, and increase metabolic health.

3. Duration (Once a week): Go beyond an hour. A long walk/ Swimming/ Badminton/ Hiking /Cycling.

Long-duration cardio improves endurance, supports fat loss, and often helps people break through stubborn plateaus. Your body doesn't need more exercise. It needs different exercise.

Think of your fitness like a buffet not a fixed menu. Move often. Challenge yourself sometimes. Go long once in a while. That's how you keep progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
People call me aggressive, people think I am intimidating, People say that I am a hard nut to crack. But I guess people young or old do like hard nuts -- Isnt It? :-)