Thursday, August 27, 2026

Women after 50

Do you remember what you weighed in College? If you're a woman going through Menopause, I want you to really sit with this for a second. You keep wishing your weight would go back to 50-60 kg. Right now it's sitting at 80-90. But do you remember when your weight actually was in that range? It was when you were 18-25, running to college.

Back then, you barely ate 1.5 times a day. Nobody had breakfast we were all rushing out the door. Maybe a vada or biscuit-chai around 10:30. A sandwich or dosa for lunch if that. Some juice or chai in the evening. One good dinner at night, whatever you felt like. 
So here's my question to you: If that eating pattern gave you a 50 kg body once, what changed?

I'll tell you what changed.

Five things, usually, over the years → a Job, Marriage, Kids, Midlife, & now Menopause. Together, these have quietly added 20-25 kg to your frame. And a bigger body needs more fuel just to keep itself warm so your hunger goes up, your calorie intake goes up. On top of that, if you're eating with your spouse, remember his body has always been bigger. He's built to eat 3 meals. You're not.

Here's what I want you to understand, you do not need more than 1.5-2 meals a day to get back to that lighter frame. That's it! That's the whole secret.

Now the real question is: how do we get you there sustainably? I break it into two steps

1. Clean up your daily diet: Start with a simple, structured diet rather than constantly restricting and then overeating.

2. Learn how to fast safely: Fasting can help reduce insulin levels and, when medically appropriate, teach the body to rely less on frequent eating.

Your goal doesn't have to be your 25-year-old body. It should be a healthier, stronger version of you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
People call me aggressive, people think I am intimidating, People say that I am a hard nut to crack. But I guess people young or old do like hard nuts -- Isnt It? :-)